- Building Department
- Online Permitting
TO ALL PERMIT APPLICANTS
The Building Department staff is ready to assist if help is needed.
- Site plan, building plans, specifications and supporting documentsmust all be uploaded to online permitting.- Interdepartmental approvers will not be assigned until all documents are uploaded.
e.g. Site plan and building plans must be uploaded for Cons Com, Fire and Healthto review and approve.
- Property Owners must be current on all municipal bills.
- Building permit applicants will submit one plan set to the Building Department,
it will be stamped and returned as the “Approved” job set copy.
View: Online Permitting Instructions
View: Checklist for Permit Applications
Online Permitting Access
- New User Registration - First time users create a profile, choose a username and password to become registered users.
- Registered User Login - Login with your username and password to the online permitting.
- Non-Registered User Login - Someone who does not have an email address or account can use this option.
- Permit Records - To view permit records and inspections from 2010 to present.
- username: ipswich password: 01938
Permit records from 10/12/2010 to present can now be accessed online.
We are working to upload any related documents that remain in the Street Files for these permits.
All Street Files can be viewed at the Building Department or with a Public Records Request.
Town of Ipswich Website: www.ipswichma.gov >Government>Building Department>Online Permitting
- Click on Permit Records on the Online Permitting page
- Enter username: ipswich and password: 01938
- Key in desired search parameters, press Search, results appear,
- Click on desired permit row, the Details page opens.
- View Details: fees, inspections, certificate of occupancy, permit and sign-off details.
- Click on Permit Card to view and or print.
- Click on Attachments, the attachment list opens,- Click on individual attachments to view and or print.
- To view permit application please file a Public Records Request.