- Typically held at 7:00 p.m. on at least one Thursday of every month in Town Hall. Please contact the Department of Planning and Development for more information and refer to the Board's meeting schedule and submission deadline calendar below. Please also refer to the Planning Division webpage for additional information.
- Staff Contact: Glenn Gibbs. 978-356-6607 x1 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Town Hall
25 Green St.
Ipswich, MA 01938
- 2023 Planning Board Meeting Schedule/Submission Deadlines
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Planning Board's January 20, 2021, meeting video can be found here.
Members- appointed by Town Manager
- Toni Mooradd (2025), Chair
- Helen Weatherall (2024)
- Mitchell Lowe (2024)
- Carolyn Britt (2023)
- Jennifer Campbell (2027)
- Laurie Paskavitz, Associate (2023)
If you wish to contact the Planning Board members regarding a scheduled or unscheduled topic, please send the message to Glenn Gibbs at email@example.com and it will be forwarded directly to the Board.
About the Board
The Planning Board consists of 5 regular members and one associate member. The Town Manager appoints regular members to 5-year terms and the associate member to a 2-year term. The Board has full time staff located in the Department of Planning and Development Office of Town Hall.
Purpose & Authorization
The Ipswich Planning Board is authorized under the Massachusetts General Laws to regulate the laying out and construction of ways in subdivisions, conducting site plan review, and certain special permits, with the goal of ensuring the safety, convenience and well being of the present and future residents of Ipswich. To accomplish this goal, the Board also collaborates with residents, business owners, other boards and departments, institutions and others to write and implement transportation, land use, economic development and other plans, regulations and policies. The Board is responsible for reviewing special projects, such as scenic road alterations.
Applications & Forms
Application forms and Rules and Regulations for special permits, site plan review, subdivisions (both preliminary and definitive), adequacy of access, scenic road, and approval not required (Form A) are available for download under the Planning Division webpage.
For more information about the Board or about information on this page, please contact Interim Director of Planning & Development, Glenn Gibbs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-356-6607 x1.