Do I need to come to the Treasurer/Collector’s Office at Town Hall to pay my bills?
No, there are many other ways to pay your bills without coming to the Treasurer/Collector’s Office at Town Hall.
- Secure mail drop box at the front of Town Hall. There is a large white box next to the handicapped parking spaces. Please be sure to put your check and bill information in a sealed envelope before putting into the mail drop box. Do not leave cash in the mail drop box.
- Mail-In Lockbox service. With each original mailed bill, a remittance slip and a returned envelope were enclosed. Simply mail your check with the remittance slip in the envelope provided.
- Online Bill Payment Portal. On the Town of Ipswich homepage, click “Online Payments” then click the City Hall Systems icon to take you to the secure online payment portal. Select the type of bill you want to pay from the menu on the left. Payments can be made for Real Estate taxes, Motor Vehicle Excise taxes, Personal Property taxes, Boat Excise Taxes. Beach Stickers can also be purchased through the online bill payment portal.
How can I purchase a Beach Sticker without coming to Town Hall?
Beach stickers can be purchased online or by mail.
- Go to our Online Bill Payment Portal (see above for directions to get there) Select “Beach Passes” from the menu on the left side. Enter your license plate number. If your plate is in our system, you will be allowed to continue to purchase your sticker online. The beach sticker will be mailed to you within a few days. If you want to go to the beach prior to receiving your sticker, print out your receipt showing that you purchased your beach sticker online and show it to the guard at Cranes Beach.
- Purchase your beach sticker by mail. Go to the Treasurer/Collector’s webpage on the Town website and select “Purchase Beach Stickers” from the menu on the left. Click “Beach and Fishing Sticker Application Form” and fill out the form. Mail the form with a copy of the vehicle registration, a self-addressed stamped envelope and a check for $20 to Town of Ipswich, P.O. Box 608, Ipswich, MA 01938. Once received, a beach sticker will be mailed within a few days.
What if I have other questions for the Treasurer/Collector’s Office?
Please call us at 978-356-6610.