Savor the flavor of American History with colonial-era-themed food...
- Pig Roast and Turkey Legs (BBQ Jack Fruit, for vegetarians & vegans)
- Candied Nuts along with Pumpkin, Caramel Apple & Gingerbread Pies from the Woopie Wagon
Drink in the spirit of times...
- Ipswich Ale Brewery’s brand new 1620 New England IPA and other craft beer selections poured from the tap-mobiles
- Ipswich Soda Pops
- Zumi's coffee and hot chocolate
Spirits Tasting Tent will off samples of locally made alcoholic beverages from:
- Saintly Cider
- 1634 Meadery,
- Mill River Winery
- Privateer Rum
- Ipswich Ale Brewery
Step into the past...
- Traditional farm animals will bring the sights, sounds and smells of our agrarian past into the heart of our town center
- Walk the river path to the olde southside cemetery and encounter historic actors in period costume
- Learn about gravestone restoration with Epoch Preservation
- Tour the 1677 John Whipple House and the 1657 Alexander Knight House replica
1620 Marketplace will include:
- Wax candle rolling with the Essex County Beekeepers
- Wooden spoon carving with Spire Woodshed
- Soap making with Ipswich Bay Soap Company
- Farmer's Market and Activities with Appleton Farms
- Wooden Bowls with Kim's Well-Turned Bowls
- Historic costumes and Props with Howard's Entertainment
- & more...
- Live music and a community contra dance session by Egrets Only
- Guest speaker, Lauren Clark -author of "Crafty Bastards: Beer in New England from the Mayflower to Modern Day",
- Historic court reenactments led by Bethany Groff Dorau of Historic New England
In the spirit of Thanksgiving
all funds raised by this event will support the restoration of Sally's Pond and the river path to South Side Cemetery, where the event will be located. (The Ipswich Museum was awarded a matching grant from the Field and Pond Foundation to assist with the project, but the grant money will be lost if the matching funds are not raised by Jan 1, 2018.)
The 1620 Feast is a free admission event-- just pay for food and beverages
Preorder @ 1620feast.eventbrite.com to $ave
This dog & family friendly event is RAIN OR SHINE.
Special thanks to our generous event sponsor: Institution for Savings!